I think I was pretty late to realize that it was time to take career seriously, it was then, when I was let out from the safe n protected home environment where you never get to face the hardship and the very reality of rat race.
From the time I started thinking about making a living of my own, I remember that I always wanted n talked about entrepreneurship. Along with a friend of mine I dreamed about writing software applications and making it big time.
But very soon I was running in the 100 Mt sprint rat race n I could never even realize that I was sprinting which is taking me far away from our dream, n I successfully completed my sprint.
Now the dreams were different, priorities were different and I wanted to win the race and take on more races, different races but little I knew that all were rat races.
But this thought of entrepreneurship always haunted me, during the hard and lonely time, in the time when you are dissatisfied with n about every thing what ever you are doing, when you sit and think about your achievements, when you think about your past, when you drive pass a nice architectural software building, when you see the compassion of sales guy making a pith to sell his product, when some one asks what is your resolution this year and when I see my uncle (businessman) leaving his office late in the night and before driving away he stops, turns back and takes an eye full of look at whole of the building, ahhh what a feeling........
A lot of time has been spent thinking n thinking n thinking about what fish should I catch, where should I catch and when should I catch. Read quite a lot of books on people who made it big, thought about MBA some times, tried to tie up with a few guys who are into this and tried some things which turned out to be stupid.
I try to talk to people young, old, entrepreneurs, fellow colleagues, college students and share my thoughts and try to find if some one is interested. Most of the people I talk to, follow my words and show interest but only for the sake of enrolling in the conversation at the moment.
Time is running out, but I am still at the same place which makes me sad, but I keep wondering when will I find my fish and what will it take to catch my fish n why can't I find n catch my fish?
- Sun
No comments:
Post a Comment