Sunday, February 8, 2009

EMTA 3.0

EMTA - Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter.

 This is second product after CMTS (check earlier post on CMTS) which I worked on. I would say this is the project during which my learning curve was the steepest if I plot a graph. Working on this was a pleasure because of many reasons, One the competency of team with which I worked, Two the manager, with excellent managing and technical competencies, Three the deadlines (which the customer himself used to feel very aggressive) to meet were very exciting, short and challenging though never found then exhaustive and unachievable and ofcourse the pleasure of working on a technology which is yet to hit the market for next few years can't be imagined. And yes it yielded me the best CRR cycle(performance measure at Infosys) for me.

 About EMTA :

EMTA is a CPE equipment which is  a slave device controlled/configured by the head end device called CMTSIt is a hardware that interfaces with the IP (Internet Protocol) network and the cable network placed at the subscriber’s premises. In other words it is a Cable Modem with voice capabilities i.e. it enables cable television operators to offer subscribers IP based telephony and high-speed data services.

No comments: